Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'm in Jerusalem!

Hey everyone, I thought I should let you know that I safely arrived in Jerusalem yesterday. Its been a long few days, and I am still exhausted. We've had orientation meetings and tours ever since we arrived, but this is my first real moment of free time, so I thought I would let you know. Jerusalem is amazing! We went on a quick tour this morning, walking a little over 5 miles in all. We went into the walls of Old Jerusalem. I heard a lot of Russians in there, too, so that was very exciting. We also saw the hotel where President Bush is staying (since he is here, too, right now), though honestly, we have a much better view. We didn't have time to take pictures (in fact, they asked us not even to bring our cameras) otherwise I would post some for you to see. Instead, I've posted a picture of me waiting in the Tel Aviv (Ben Gurion) airport for the rest of our group to get through customs. I've posted several other pictures on my blog from my adventures so far, and for the most part, that is where I will be posting stuff. But I thought you might like to know that I arrived safe and sound.

No comments: