Monday, February 28, 2011

Yea for me!!!

Hey just wanted to share with you all my exciting news!  At the urging of a client's parent, I applied to attend an intensive training workshop but on by a national organization called Childhood Apraxia of Speech Association of North America (CASANA).  They are only accepting 20 speech therapists out of those who applied.  The application was intense, involving recommendations from a colleague as well as a parent of a child who I had worked with.  If accepted, I  also had to agree to be listed as an "expert therapist in apraxia" on the CASANAA website.
I just found out today that I was accepted!!! The workshop is July 28-31 in Pittsburgh.  Soooooo, if we can plan the McGee family reunion on a different weekend that would be nice.
So excited!

5 comments:

Nomads By Nature said...

Congratulations! What awesome news!

Larry said...

Yea for you. We'll be in Utah the whole week after so there is some flexibility. Fly back from Pittsburg via SLC.

Catie said...

I didn't know the reunion was already scheduled. Where is it going to be?

Congrats on being selected Patti, that is pretty exciting!

rayecheal said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a great opportunity.

As for the reunion, I should be in Juarez by then (unless I fail to learn Spanish) if anyone is interested in coming there for the reunion! :) Ok, just kidding...
But let me know, I'm not sure if I'd be able to take time off that close to arriving at post, but I'll be so close, I may be able to come up for the weekend!

Larry said...

Catie, I think you are in charge this year. (or at least your husbands family). We'll be in Utah from july 31 to August 6 and can come two days early if its held the original schedule that now conflicts with Patti's class.