Monday, June 21, 2010

Hello, Hola, Ni hao, Zradstvitye, Konichiwa, que mas hay...


[Andy's letter from the week I was gone]

Too bad I can't actually speak all those languages. Really only the first two haha. But it's even crazy to think that I can actually kinda speak the second one...
How's it all going? I hope it is all well. Thank you Uncle Rick for your letters, I love to read every one of them. And maybe even study a few haha.
Well what has been going on with me? A lot of seeing people goes on. I can't say that too much is different here in Alabaster, AL. The work is moving- slowly but surely. We have had some pretty good lessons this past week with some people- sharing the experience of Joseph Smith and about the Book of Mormon is always a good topic. Answering questions about "La Muerte" (Death- a Catholic Saint...); why, if everybody worships the same God, does it matter if we have one "church"; why Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are even important in the first place (and how they are three separate beings). I love the Articles of Faith. If one can study that and understand it all (to it's fullest!) he or she would be a scriptorian.
A few things that have happened this past week: Went jogging yesterday... and got lost.... for about 50 minutes... I was jogging mostly the whole time. I was pretty surprised I could last that long. We tried to take a "shortcut" that ended up not being one. Obviously. Had a very powerful Sunday School on Sunday- we had a testimony meeting with all the Hispanics and with some members who can speak Spanish. It was very powerful, especially the testimony of Arlene (a recent convert of about 6 months) and of Clemente (a recent convert of about 3 weeks). It was really awesome. And really great for the non-members that were there attending that. Today I went to the Birmingham Temple for the first time on my mission. It was great! It is very small, maybe 1/4 of Oakland, but it still serves it's purpose as a House of the Lord. While inside, I opened up to Alma 41- a very interesting chapter to turn to. If y'all have time, I encourage all to read it and pray about it. Maybe even 40-42. Or the whole Book of Mormon. Haha.
Lately I have been thinking about the Pure Love of Christ and the Love that Our Heavenly Father has for us. It is something tangible. Very tangible. St John 17:3, 1 John 4: 19 +18 (on purpose), Moroni 7:40-48, 2 Nephi 2, Alma 40-42, etc. A 4 letter word, but a very powerful one.

Thanks for all the love and care y'all send me. I really do appreciate it.
Love,
Elder Chow

No comments: