Sunday, August 26, 2007

For those who are just joining us

Well, for those who are just joining the blog, here are some tips:

1. You have to create a google account. If you already have one (from gmail or some other google program) you don't have to create one, you can just use that one. This is free, and easy to do.

2. Once you have accepted your invitation to the blog and set up a google account, you can post to this blog. You are an author. If you have suggestions on additions to the blog, please email them to me, or submit them in a comment since I am in charge of the site formatting.

3. Any registered user can comment on posts. Please do this so people know their posts are being read.

****Edit: I have been informed that it may be difficult to find the new post button. It is in the upper right hand corner. Click the link that says New Post and it will take you to a screen where you can start typing, add pictures, etc. Hope this helps!

4. You can post pictures, videos, or just write. This blog is for our family to keep in better contact and know what is going on in each others' lives. If you have announcements, ideas for family activities, or other things of that nature, you can post them here as well.

5. Once everyone has joined, I am wondering if people would want this blog left public, or made private. Private would allow only members of the blog to view the blog (I have chosen not to do this yet because I want all family members to see the blog even if they haven't signed up yet).

****6. If you have email addresses that I don't, please send them to me so I can invite everyone.
I think I got everyone, but if someone didn't get an invitation, that means I have an incorrect address for them.

7. I started a list of links on the right hand side of the page. I thought we might like to have a list of individual blogs and/or myspaces where people can see what you have there. I already added mine, but I didn't want to start listing everyones without approval, so if you would like your blog or whatever listed there, go ahead and add it (you should be able to do that) or let me know and I will add it. Make sure to send me the link if you want me to add it, that way I don't have to track it down.


Well, I guess that is it for now.

No comments: